Could've sworn I'd already written a post on this..

Shelled111

Re: Could've sworn I'd already written a post on this..

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Thank goodness that's finished and I can start to get on with my life!
Hum de dum

helen101

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Life after PD is very difficult - you don't wake up at 2am thinking "OMG - I know what the puzzle means now!"

Shelled111

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:45 pm

I know, my husband's fed up of lots of teeny bits of cut out paper everywhere. Tonight I asked if he could move so I could lay my Golums out on the bed and he was having none of it! Incidentally I found card from cut up cereal packets seems to work well, spoons must have been hard to decipher!

JG

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:15 am

Cut out pieces of paper are an essential indicator of a donkey addict. I actually found a folder with some from the first time round. But which is which? Now, there's a puzzle in itself!

helen101

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:22 pm

First time round, my desk was a shrine to puzzle donkey - lots of cubes, and round circles for smartie tubes (if you did the FB one you'll know what I mean). I bagged it all up and kept it - so very helpful this time around.

Cutlery was nice and big. There was a long spoon for each head/body, and little forks and teaspoons for arms and legs. It worked surprisingly well.

It's not which is which that was a problem for me - it was knowing that at some point in time all those random scribbles made perfect sense and the answer is clearly right in front of me.

mehroon

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi everyone!

I have solved all these puzzles, mostly with your help and reached here. Now I am shifting to another house tomorrow and dont know when I will be able to use my computer. So as a last gesture and to put me out of my misery please pm me the answer to the last puzzle. Thanks once again

Are the golems in a circle?

robrews

Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:24 pm

I can see why this has caused problems. I wrote some code to work it out, which was a nightmare to debug, but even though I knew I had the right answer, as it had used all the rules without any contorted golems, I still couldn't tell what the answer was.

In the end, though, the answer comes out in surprisingly few cycles.

JazzSmoothie

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Just completed this along with WickedPlans, a tad of advice from me.

The key word in this puzzle is simultaneously, decide your movements for all the rules each time before you make them, taking notes as you go. (not sure how clear that is, can't give too much away)
As robrews has pointed out once you have the strategy sorted it only takes a few cycles.

If you feel like pulling your hair out feel free to PM me your thoughts.
Good luck to everyone stuck here, don't lose hope!

What to do now until PuzzleDonkey 2?
PD1: Finished 2016-04-04
Waiting for PD2!

WickedPlans

Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:10 pm

Spoons and short skewers were helpful in solving this one.
A slight mishap when one of the golems tied himself in a knot doing some advanced yoga and I did get slightly confused about which way the golems were facing but as long as you're consistent, the answer will appear one way or the other.

Return to “Puzzle 20 - The Adventure of the Dancing Men”